Maryland Affordable Care Act Assistance
Confused about Health Care Reform?
We have the answers!
With all the changes to our country’s health care landscape you most likely have questions about the new health care reform law and what it means to you and your family. As an Authorized Broker for the Affordable Care Act in Maryland, D.C. and Virginia we can answer your questions and help you navigate your Maryland ACA options.
Enrollment for 2015 is open November 15,2014, through February 15, 2015. Small businesses can enroll in Maryland SHOP now through October 2014.
We can help if you:
- Have Affordable Care Act (ACA) questions and you’re not sure who to ask
- Would like to see details on the ACA plans being offered through the exchange
- Aren’t sure whether you should keep your existing health insurance plan or not
- Are wondering if you would qualify for a subsidy
Who is eligible to sign up:
- Anyone who is uninsured and a legal US resident.*
- Anyone who wants to try and qualify for a subsidy.
- Anyone who has current insurance and wants to shop for a less expensive plan.
- Anyone with employer provided insurance who wants to shop for a less expensive plan.
*If you or someone you know is an undocumented resident without health care coverage, we can help, just give us a call.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA)
The ACA was signed into law by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010 and aims to improve the quality and affordability of health insurance, decrease the uninsured rate by expanding public and private insurance coverage, and reduce the costs of healthcare for individuals.
The ACA, in conjunction with the Maryland Insurance Administration, provides all Maryland residents the ability to make simple apples-to-apples comparisons of healthcare plans and helps those individuals determine their eligibility for financial assistance (tax credits) to reduce the cost of monthly insurance.